Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Captivating | What to Read Wednesday


This week I thought I'd mix it up a little by highlighting a book for us big kids. I read this book several years ago, and it came up in conversation recently as I was talking to one of my friends (who is near and dear to my heart because she introduced me to my husband). Here's what the book jacket has to say about Captivating by John & Stasi Eldredge:
"Why do little girls love to dress up in twirling skirts? Why do they dream of a day their prince will come and together they will live in a great adventure? Because that is the heart God set within every woman. That is the role she as created to play - to be a valiant and beautiful woman whose life changes the world."

I won't give away too much, but one of the ideas that resonated within the depths of my soul is that God created man and woman in his image and we each are endowed with different qualities of God. God created woman to display His beauty, and as a result, woman sets about making her world beautiful. As I look through the viewfinder on this new passion of mine, I know that with every click I'm trying to capture that beauty.

(By the way, I decided on my way home from school that I wanted to highlight this book. It was either me or my husband for this picture. Call me crazy, but I just didn't feel right asking my hubby to pose with this book!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright Notice
All images belong to Traci Shupert Photography and are protected by copyright laws. Please do not copy the images in any way (print, scan, save) unless given written permission to do so by Traci Shupert Photography. Thank you.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP