Wednesday, January 6, 2010

What to Read Wednesday | Traci Shupert Photography


I'm feeling a little nostalgic about Christmas today, so I'm sharing a photo I took during our getaway to Chicago right after Christmas. The bokeh in this image comes from this huge tree in front of the John Hancock building along the Magnificent Mile. I adore shooting wide open, which means there is a very narrow plane of focus and everything outside of that plane is out of focus or blurred. (Does that make sense? Sorry if I'm getting a little too technical. And I hope I'm explaining it correctly. Feel free to correct me.) :)

I'm putting a little twist on What to Read Wednesday. I do have a reading recommendation, but it's not your typical bookish reading. I've been thinking long and hard about my next steps in this fun, new endeavor that I ventured into last year. I've been trying to think of how I can describe for you how I feel when I'm behind the camera. There is this creative energy that is released from my heart when I get to spend time with you, and document your life. I think of each image as a creation - a piece of art that I get to shape and refine. One who creates, we call a creator. So, in the end, what really makes this all worthwhile, is that as I create, I am drawn closer and closer to my Creator. I get to use God's first creation, LIGHT, and his best creation, YOU, to create a photograph. Which is essentially, writing with light (graph = to write, photo = light).

So, with all that in mind, I've posted the brand spankin' new Session Information for you to read on this Wednesday. If you already had a session scheduled with me for 2010, your portrait agreement and pricing will not change. Thank you to all my clients who have helped make this creative endeavor possible! I'm looking forward with joy to possibility of being your photographer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Copyright Notice
All images belong to Traci Shupert Photography and are protected by copyright laws. Please do not copy the images in any way (print, scan, save) unless given written permission to do so by Traci Shupert Photography. Thank you.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP