Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Olive, the Other Reindeer | What to Read Wednesday | Traci Shupert Photography



Let me just tell you about one of my fav books to read every Christmas due to its high entertainment value. Introducing Olive, the Other Reindeer by J. Otto Seibold and Vivian Walsh. In this tale of the misunderstood, Olive (a little doggy) hears a song on the radio that says, "All of the other reindeer..."

Olive believes she heard, "Olive, the other reindeer." Thinking she must be a reindeer because that's what she heard in the song, she embarks on a trip to the North Pole to help save Christmas.

This book was also turned into a movie several years ago. The book and movie have the same basic premise, but the movie takes quite a few different twists and turns. Between the two, the book is my favorite. I'm trying to convince my husband to watch the movie with me right now, but I'm not having much luck (maybe if we had some kids he'd watch it). Happy reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP